Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Big Sleazy is coming back and we will be back.


Driving into New Orleans was a surreal experience becuase of all the empty windowless houses that littered the neighborhoods. Katrina had left it scars on the landscape but becuase Kiwi is such a good ambassador we met a lot of people and the general theme was that there was a lot of hope on the horizon for the first time in a long time.
We stayed at the Royal Street Courtyard which was tucked into a residential neighborhood bordering the quarter and when I come back I will be staying there again. It was an excellent experience. http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/SubmitReview.aspx?id=600185

New Orleans on Monday is usually a bit hung over and our first day there was no exception. Every one was recovering from New Orleans Fest and most places were closed, we spent most of the day reliving past transgressions and enjoying the quarter. Bourbon St is exactaly the same, its a constant party and smells like a kennel even though they now power wash every couple of days.
The lowlight of the day for me was when I turned down a free vodka shot... I not only lost my Bourban St mojo but Melissa's respect as well. As the day progressed I only sank further and finally hit rock bottom when I stole Melissa's Mango Strawberry Daquiri while she wasn't looking.

No comments: